Merry Christmas

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas family and friends! This past year I started blogging and have really enjoyed making the most out of all the pictures I take and being able to share them to all those I constantly promise to send pictures to and never do. I have also loved staying in touch with many of you and seeing what your families are up to.

Every year when I send out my Christmas cards I have done a update on what we have been up to as a family. Since my month has been a roller coaster ride, I sent out pictures and my blog address for those that wanted to see what we have been up to. So, I thought I would post a yearly update for those interested since I just began blogging.



The biggest news for the Janeway's this year is baby #4 is on its way! He is due the first week of March. Brooklyn was a little distraut when we found out it was a boy (no thanks to me, who was so sure it was a girl), but now that she is used to the idea and she and the rest of us are excited for a new baby in our home.


This past year Ryan has kept busy with his businesses, which are going well. He has started business consulting this year as well. He taught Seminary through the end of the school year and loved doing it. He also kept busy with snow boarding and paint balling and even fit in a magic show for the Hillsboro City Days. This year his Paintball team took 1st place at the National SPPL Tournament in Georgia. He is teaching Gospel Doctrine in our ward and does a great job. I wish I had the patience to study like he does and the talent to be able to teach it as well. Ryan keeps really busy but always makes time for his family. The kids adore their dad and Ryan adores them right back. I am grateful for a husband who is so involved with his kids and beats them down regularly and wrestles every night when he gets home.




As far as me, I stay busy doing what I love most and that of course is being a mom. Chasing and keeping up with these 3 kids is a full time job and then some. I am still teaching the Miamaids in young women's and still enjoy it. This past year, I have taken up a few hobbies just to keep me sane. I participated in a sprint triathlon, my 1st 10k and Duathlon as well with my good friends. And thanks to my sister in law Tanya, I started teaching a Strength Training Boot Camp here in Banks which has turned out to be a lot of fun and successful. All of those I do in the early morning so the kids hardly know I am gone. I am grateful to have something fulfilling outside of family and kids for me to do and a wonderful husband who supports it all.



Michael has had a pretty successful and fun year. We took him skiing a lot at the beginning of the year and he has improved a ton! It is so fun to see him hauling down the slope. He also had a fun summer. One of his highlights was going to the "Great Wolf Lodge" in Washington (an indoor water park). He had a fun time with all he was involved in including Guitar lessons, T-ball, swimming, soccer, camping, playing, boating (he learned to knee board this year) etc. He turned 6 in August and started 1st grade and is reading really well. He loves school and loves to learn new stuff. He wants to grow up and live in the jungle, be in a band and has many other plans. He is also obsessed with "Star Wars." This fall we visited family in California, went to Disneyland and Sea World. Mikey got to go through the Jedi Training Program and made his own light saber. That truly had to be the highlight of his year. Mikey is a fun kid with incredible amounts of energy. He still keeps up entertained and busy. We couldn't ask for a better big brother for the other two. Mikey loves to beat box and we have recorded him; here shortly I will post a video on my blog to show off his fun talent.




Brooklyn turned 4 this year and started her second year of preschool. She has grown up so much and has been a lot of fun for me. She has been taking dance lessons and is the cutest ballerina ever! She loves to dance and to sing. She also took swimming lessons for the 1st time this year and did really well. She has a lot of fun with her brothers and adores them both. She loves to dress up in all her dresses. She also loves dressing her little brother up in them as well and is disappointed when he takes them off and "is a boy again." Her father enjoys that as well:) This year her high light was Disneyland and the princesses, and having her grandparents come to visit. She is a loving little girl and is a lot of fun to have in our family.


Last but not least is Tyler. Wow! That sums it up. He is so full of energy and life and keeps us all entertained. He is constantly into EVERYTHING in his path. No door, remote control, surround sound, toy, drawers etc. left unattended is safe. He is something else. I honestly don't remember being so busy with the other two cleaning up messes and protecting our house as I am with him. It is just a good thing he is so cute and so much fun to be around and he loves his mama. Which is to his advantage. He loves stripping, handing me his dirty diapers and running off. You find him constantly dressing up either in what Brooklyn has put on him, or the Spiderman outfit, Darth Vador or Iron man mask with a sword in hand. My favorite is when he shows up with a glove on one hand and wackes whoever is in his path. It is as if that gives him permission to be violent. He is a character and keeps us on our toes. We couldn't imagine life with out him. Now you all understand why I must jog every morning!

Well, that is the update on all of us. Hope I didn't bore you with too many details. We have had a wonderful year and look forward to another one in 2009. We also wish you all the best this next year. Love you all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Trisha said...

What a darling family! That was so fun to read and see what your family has been up to since we never see you! I have to laugh at your boys because I can totally relate! The energy never ends!!!! Way to go on the triathlon? or whatever race you were involved with. Your dad said you might be coming to SL soon...call if you have a free second!

atkinson family said...

Heidi- What a busy year! You truly are super mom! I love reading the updates and seeing what you are all up to. Glad we found your blog!

Cali said...

Merry Christmas Janeways! I ran across your blog from Angela's--and I am so glad I did! It is so fun to read and catch up on you! We really miss the friends we made in OR--thank you for making our time there so memorable. I'm glad that I can keep in touch with you through your blog! We have a private blog--just email me if you would like an invite! sfragolina@hotmail.com

Melissa said...

Congratulations Heidi! I was excited to find out that you are expecting. You have such a cute family! It sounds like you are really enjoying life. It is so much fun to read about everything you are doing. You are much better than me. My Christmas cards are still sitting on my computer! Maybe next year.
-Melissa

Sarianna said...

Hey Heidi!
It's so fun to hear about your family. I am glad we've been able to get back in touch with each other! It looks like you are all doing great. Let me know when you come into town!

Beth said...

That was a fun update on the fam. You and Ryan are such active/productive people, it's inspiring! Hope you are feeling well as due day approaches. We should have a girls night out before you have your baby, I know I could use one.

Jake and Megan said...

Heidi - you have such a cute family! My mom gave me your blog, hope you don't mind. Congrats on the new baby!! It's so fun to read about your family!

Unknown said...

Heidi,

You astound me with all you do. What an adorable family! Your kids are growing up so fast, and now you have a fourth on the way. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were swapping Sam and Michael so grateful for the break from our one child.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your new little one. Congratulations on another boy!

atkinson family said...

Heidi- Where are you? I keep checking back hoping for an update on the new addition. Any news? Hope all is well. Kelly