



WOW! I feel like I am back home in Utah! It has been absolutely unbelievable! We have had over a foot of snow and have even more forecasted this next week. We have had ice rain mixed in with it all. Schools shut down the beginning of last week so the kids had a whole extra week off due to the weather. Now, most of my fellow Utahns would laugh when they saw the first 2 days of snow and wonder why on earth would they cancel school. I was stunned. But then it hit hard and the ice rain finished off the roads. They have shut down the freeways and have required anyone who is out to have chains or they would be ticketed. Oregon is not used to this kind of weather. I think last year we had an inch maybe two of snow and it melted right a way. They get freezing rain at least once a year and things shut down. So, needless to say they are not equipted to handle this kind of weather. I walked to the store yesterday and was amazed at how many cars in peoples driveways are completely snowed in. No store has any snow shovels left and most people don't even own them. We don't even have one! I am definately amused by all of this because in Utah I wouldn't hesitate to be driving and running life as normal. Here, I am content to stay home and stay off the roads. The kids have had so much fun playing in all of it. They want to move back to Utah so they can have it all the time. We will definately have a good ski season. Wish that was an option for me this year. We'll just hope for a repeat next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment